Re: NetworkManager: How to set caching nameserver?

Michael H. Warfield wrote:

-snip-
	My solution, at this point, is "yum erase NetworkManger" and then go
back to the older scripts which WORK and work reliably.

	Unless you're having problems with wireless (and there are better
solutions to that problem) NetworkManager has no advantages over the
ifup/ifdown scripts and a whole lot of disadvantages for those of us who
have custom configurations.

	I've removed NetworkManger even from my laptop where I do move from
network to network and wired to wireless, because I can not tolerate its
behavior and its refusal to respect configuration options and
established scripting principles.  It's just not worth the headaches it
creates, even in that environment.

Thanks for this posting. Something clicked for me when I read it and I removed all the NetworkManager stuff. I'll occasionally get the network not coming up on reboot or timing out waiting for the network, that never used to happen. Had a problem with a second ethernet card existing as a phantom after I removed it. Little irritations, easily remedied and then passed by. But it used to be so reliable, it was forgettable.
Maybe this will bring that back.

If it doesn't, easy enough to reinstall NetworkManager.

I think you meant yum remove NetworkManager , erase is for RPM.
-snip-
	Mike