Re: Any suggestions for Really Annoying Alarms !!?

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 08:15 -0400, William Case wrote:

<snip>
Been there, done that.

> There is lots of alarm programs out there, but I want something that is
> simple to set, then grabs you by the throat and won't let you go until
> you do whatever it is you are supposed to do.
>
> Years and years ago I used to have one in dos that was, in the jargon of
> the day, Terminate and Stay Resident.  Once you set that sucker it would
> never let you ignore it -- a rising crescendo of flashing screens and
> beeps and baps -- really fffing annoying.

Cron and a script.

Beans and rice of the *nix diet.

Use a while(1) loop to alternate between sleep and calling xmessage or
something of that nature. That'll pretty much give you your TSR
behavior, and keep firing alerts at you that you have to click away.

Andy