Re: F8 and a GPS -

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Tuesday 08 July 2008 10:54:29 g wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
Bob, two of us pointed you at gpsbabel.  Did you ever try it?
hi anne,

he got mad at it and broke. ;o)

daughter took it back, swapped for new and she will not
let him play with it. lol.

No need to do anything drastic. gpsbabel is simple, command-line, and can't possibly do any harm to it.

what gps are you using gpsbabel with?

A simple Garmin eTrex H, but I know the same program is used for very many gps systems, not only Garmin ones.

Anne

Perhaps I will work up courage and try it again. I don't think I did anything that would account for the problems I had but it became erratic in operation, I pressed the little "reset" button and then after that it would bring up the initial screen , sit for a moment and then reboot itself.

I had never connected it to a Windows computer and had nothing backed up unfortunately, but I suspect that if I had been able to re-install the o/s it would have worked again.

I never told my daughter what I was doing, just that it was broke.

Bob