Re: cdrecord permission problems

Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- On Mon, 7/7/08, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: cdrecord permission problems
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: davidsen@xxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 8:52 AM
Note that cdrecord doesn't come with Fedora, there
is a link by that
name which leads to wodim. The usual drill is to
change group on
wodim is the free software fork from cdrecord with other
stuff added.
cdrtools is also free.  What makes wodim 'freer'

http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd

The DVD version of cdrecord was payware while the DVD support in wodim is
not.

I'm not sure wodim even existed in those days. Certainly the DVD stuff has been in the open source release for a long time, since Joerg lacks the people skills to even let people give him money. I suggested he just get a Paypal account and ask for donations, he wanted payment by International Money Order payable in Euros.

Anyway, history lesson over, there are many things I don't like about cdrtools, but I like the results.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>