Re: A seemingly dumb question! Gotta ask

allen wrote:
My experments with puppy and my intention to go to fedora prompts this question. I was unable in puppy to set up e-mail based on my yahoo SSL protocol I assume. So I would have to go to Yahoo to check, receive and answer if necessary. So here is the seemingly dumb question. Lets assume I went totally linux, no access to windows (this will be a reality shortly) will I in fedora continue to not have e-mail capability, or is there a fetch it process by anyone that overcomes this Yahoo constraint. Please do not tell me about free yahoo mail I pay a ton each month for my yahoo DSL and plus mail would not change a thing in terms of Linux
Allen

It is not that hard to set up using Thunderbird. The main thing is getting the correct servers. It does POP3 just fine. You have to go to the "MEMBER CENTER". Under "Frequently Asked Questions", there is a link called "POP, SMTP and NNTP server settings". This should give you the proper servers to use, and the settings.

Mikkel