Re: fedora 9 installation

allen wrote:
I am mentally prepared to inatall fedora 9 but have some technological constraints my PC literate capability.
1. I want to devote the entire HD to Linux.
2. Presently devoted to XP home

Please advise

Confused Senior

When you launch the installer after downloading and burning the DVD image onto a disc, you will see a pulldown allowing you to remove all partitions from the drive so you could then use the entire HD for Fedora. The default I believe it to remove only remove Linux partitions.

The other advice you got from others with trying the "Live CD" might be good to try before blowing away the previous system. I use Fedora on several Computers Exclusively and find no limitations or need for XP or a similar OS.

Jim

--
Beer -- it's not just for breakfast anymore.