Re: fedora 9 installation

On Saturday 05 July 2008 16:26:24 allen wrote:
> I am mentally prepared to inatall fedora 9 but have some technological
> constraints my PC literate capability. 1. I want to devote the entire HD to
> Linux.
> 2. Presently devoted to XP home
>
> Please advise
>
> Confused Senior

Allen, has anyone helped you check whether everything on your computer can be
expected to work?  Most things do, these days, but wireless networks and
printers do sometimes give problems.

It would be a good idea to give us as much detail as you can about your
computer.  Everything from motherboard, processor and RAM to monitor make and
model and printer details.

If your hard drive is big enough it's a good idea to have a dual-boot, just at
first, so that if there are problems you can still work in Windows while you
sort them out.

BTW, Seniors are not so rare on the lists, so don't let that put you off.  I'm
one, too.

Anne