Re: Verizon DSL ??

Jim wrote:
Scott Harvanek wrote:
If they don't have a USB or RJ45 port... I don't know what else they'd use? osmosis? :)

You could.... call and *ask* them what features their modems have. :)

-Scott

Jim wrote:
I had a bad experience with dealing with setting up a Dialup connection with Verizon, once I mention Linux the help desk, a Indian , he drop me like a hot potato, I failed to do so, never in my 100 years of use of Linux was not able to setup a Dialup connection. This computer I'm trying to get on the Internet is a Gateway it uses those small pci cards, that doesn't have a ethernet card in it, and I will have to use a rj45/USB ethernet adapter, does Verizon DSL modems have output ports for rj45 or USB connections.
I have a rj45/USB ethernet  adapter that works fine in Fedora.

Thanks Scott, I was just wondering if anyone has a DSL service with them, but you are right.

Mine has both usb and ethernet ports. Ethernet is preferred.

--
Dan

Using Linux since 1998.