Re: Yumex cleaned my system..... How do I contact yum-team?

DB wrote:
Good evening (at least it is in Austria!)

I'm new to Linux & Fedora, last messed with Unix in about '89...

I've (eventually) installed F9, with a selection of odds & ends, and
found that yumex SEEMED to be a better way of updating & installing than
the Gnome Add/Remove Software.  My problem comes when I try to remove
"something" (e.g. CUPS) when yumex seems to consider every application
that uses or links to CUPS as being a dependency.  In my naive, trusting
way (!), I assumed the 223 listed dependencies were sort of .dlls which
CUPS had added to everything that needed to print.  Oh, how wrong can
you be????? 223 deleted apps later & I had a bare bones system - even
yumex was gone! & most of Gnome!

SO, after a day & half fiddling, I got back to a working system again
(95%).  I posted the situation on FedoraForum & was advised to bring it
to the attention of "Them what looks after Yum",  but I can't find out
how to contact the yum team.

Any suggestions on how one contacts the yum team???

Yumex is a different developer from yum itself but all of them can be contacted via the mailing list at

https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/

I don't see what they could do about you accidentally removing packages more than intended on your system however.

Rahul