Re: MPEG video under Fedora 9

Tim wrote:

I'm not using the computer I installed them on at the moment, nor when I
wrote that.  I couldn't remember if they're used in combination, or if
you used one or the other.  I recall reading that the ugly ones had some
risk, and not to install them unless you needed them.  By risk, I don't
mean patent infringing code, but not too reliable coding.

You are confusing the categorization. Base and good is included in Fedora. Bad means bad quality and not reliable yet. Ugly means good codecs but patent encumbered.

Rahul