Re: Regarding the keylogger in the linux fedora systems

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 18:26:27 +1000,
>  David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Parshwa Murdia wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i am having a system with the linux fedora core installed in it. could
>>> anyone tell about the free keyloggers used in the linux fedora core systems
>>> and the proper installtion of the same, so that all the keystrokes can be
>>> viewed with all the details.
>> Would it be useful to simply view .bash_history, so that you can see the
>> commands that you had made ?
>>
>> If not, it sounds like you are asking how to hack a system via a
>> keylogger - that wouldn't be appropriate discussion content for this
>> list.
>
> Why not? As long as he is asking for Fedora specific support it would seem
> to be on topic.

 Its a bad idea to install something like that on your machine anyway.
An attacker will probably know of all such common tools floating
around, like a prepackaged rpm, and check for their existence, they
find it, you save them the trouble of installing one, they spend their
time copying the log you've so conveniently assembled for them. Your
concerned about security and your going to trust someone else's
prepackaged keylogger? Better just restrict what the machine can
do....there is a tool to help with this but you know I just can't
remember the name.

--
Its a rare that you can trust a beer that comes with a twist off cap
to taste like anything worthy of the title