Re: F9 Firefox 3 crashing hard [SOLVED]

Chris Bredesen wrote:
Anyone else seeing FF3GA crashing abruptly? I'm going to disable the few plugins I have enabled and continue working. But I haven't added any recently, and this just started today...

I tracked this down to a rawhide version of libhunspell/enchant that came down with a new XULRunner or possibly OO.org 3 from rawhide. I reverted to the f9 versions of hunspell/enchant manually (rpm -Uvh --oldpackage) and all's good now.

The hard crashes were during TEXTAREA typing (thought not 100% of the time) which makes sense because there's spell checking there.

-Chris