Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

David Boles wrote:
Mike Bird wrote:
On Sat June 21 2008 16:11:26 Kevin Kofler wrote:

When KDE 4.0 was released in January a consensus was reached that major
releases of KDE 4 should occur at six month intervals.  Although there
has been some discussion of four month cycles, the consensus for six
month cycles still seems to be firm:

    KDE release   -in->    Fedora
    4.0 Jan '08          F9 May '08
    4.1 Jul '08         F10 Nov '08
    4.2 Jan '09         F11 May '09
    4.3 Jul '09         F12 Nov '09

Hey Mike. Have you ever seen software released when it was scheduled to be
released?  ;-)  Not games (especially games), not drivers, not anything.

Except Linux distro releases. And those slip too.

Some slip so they can fix bugs, some ship bugs so they can be on time. :-(
There's a reason why Linux kernels sometimes get to -rc7,

I am truly sorry that you are disappointed with KDE 4.0. Really. But there it is. deal with it as it is and wait for improvements. Make suggestions, in the
correct places, and go on.

Did you miss the subject? The suggestion is that KDE 3.5 be included, as it is in RHEL, SuSE-11, Kubuntu, etc.

I don't recall if you replied to my basic questions about this situation.

Did you look first? Live-CD try first? Or just jump in? If you skipped one, or
two, or both one and two, you should be kicking your own butt for your
'problems' and not Fedora's and the KDE team. IMO.

Does it matter? If he tried the pre-releases, alpha and beta, and said "KDE doesn't work," would the team have stayed with KDE 3.5? No, because the decision wasn't made on the basis of functionality, and AFAIK the KDE developers view of how the user interface should work has changed, and it will NEVER be "improved" because they want it to work differently.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>