Re: Double checking grub-install ??

Hi g;

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 18:42 +0000, g wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > I am looking for confirmation that this is a correct strategy and the
> > proper use of the grub-install command.
>
> i have not used oos for several years and when i have had to reinstall grub,
> i have been using a mandriva install disk. i would imagine it is not all
> that different with fedora.

I don't know much about mandriva, but the install disk does have rescue
mode which I am used to using.

> you did not mention what version, i would guess you are at f9, i am using f8
> and recall 'recover' being in selections at disk boot.

My Fedora version is listed with my signature.

During a bugzilla discourse, a program or facility called 'firstaid' was
promised for F9 anaconda/rescue which would cover such eventualities but
if it exists, I can't find it.

> so it should be a simple matter of booting install disk, selecting 'recover'
> and follow prompts.

But it isn't.  In any case, I have spent time with grub in the past and
generally comfortable using it.  I asked here as a double check because
what I am planning will wipe out my boot loader for both of my systems
temporarily and I wanted to make sure that I can be up and running as
smoothly as possible.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2