Install problems

I ran fedora 8 on this system but had to replace the motherboard.  The new one has the Intel X38 chipset.  I can't find anywhere a list of what is supported.  I have a fedora 8 live cd and it boots fine and works.  When I try to re-enstall fedora 8 or 9 from installation disks I get the following error when I run in the text mode:

/dev/sdg:"isw" and "ddf1" formats discovered (using ddf1)
ERROR: ddf1: cannot find virtual drive record on /dev/sdg

At this point, the system locks up and I haven't been able to get a prompt to try to find out whats happening.  Any Ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Bill