Re: let root be root?

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On a new fedora 9 install the other day, I was running as root and clicked
on the livna repo rpm link on the livna web pages and when the box came
up, I clicked on "Go ahead and install this sucker".

Then firefox (or someone, anyway) said "Oh no, you don't have permission
to install rpms, I can't do that."

AARGH!

"What do you want for Christmas kid?"

"I want to install a genuine Red Ryder rpm directly from firefox as root!"

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

So just how many idiotic undocumented layers of "helpful" security software
do I have to figure out how to use merely to have root permissions when
running as root?

ok it's simple
just open your terminal, then type:
su -
then enter the root's password
after that type:
firefox
that will fire up firefox by root so now you can do what ever you want from firefox, but note that anything you'll be doing with firefox will be done as a root user, so if you did some thing wrong things will go bad, but that what I do in your case... just be carfull...