Re: F9 - sendmail won't send on startup?

Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 12:02 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
Knute Johnson wrote:
That didn't fix it. The mail got queued though which is another problem that occurs sometimes along with this. As soon as I restart sendmail these queued mails are sent immediately.

[root@knute knute]# mailq
        /var/spool/mqueue (2 requests)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient-----------
m5MItEsf002625       52 Sun Jun 22 11:55 <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(Deferred: Name server: www.knutejohnson.com.: host name look)
                     <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
m5MIrQFK002822       52 Sun Jun 22 11:53 <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(Deferred: Name server: www.knutejohnson.com.: host name look)
                     <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Total requests: 2

These extra emails are problems with the mailq (I think).
----
I'm out...I abandoned sendmail for postfix years ago. A suggestion
though...set up a server on your lan to handle relaying all outbound
mail and use an smtp connection to that server instead of relying upon
the local /usr/bin/sendmail binary. That pretty much solves the issue of
configuring each workstation to handle mail deliveries.

Craig

There are a million ways around the problem, but I'd really just like to fix it.

Thanks for trying though.

--
Knute Johnson
linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx