Re: Mirrors(?) for local repo

Frank Murphy wrote:
On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 08:07 -0400, David Boles wrote:
Frank Murphy wrote:
How do you know the correct mirrors for rsync a local repo.
Is it by the biggest bandwidth one chooses,
or just the closest geographically?

Closest does not necessarily mean 'fastest'. And not all mirrors support rsync.

I'm looking at the mirrors page, put how to choose?

Look at the sites that list rsync and then look at the ones that have the highest bandwidth. Then read the comments on the far right.

The FedoraUnity Fedora 9 everything spins are 24 CDs or 4 DVDs. So if that is what you intend to do you have a lot to download. I still don't understand why.

You do understand how rsync works correct? The first time you download *everything* you will do just that. Download *everything*. And since the 'everything' folder does not change you will not get anything new from there.

The only folder that would change for you is the Fedora 9 updates folder.

--

  David