Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Fri June 20 2008 15:09:10 David Boles wrote:
> Ok. How many of those of you that are disappointed or upset with KDE 4.x
> did any research *before* you installed/upgraded? How many of you
> downloaded a KDE Live-CD and actually tried it *before* you
> installed/upgraded?

Please see the subject of this thread.  Those of us who are switching
are doing so because the answer to the question was negative.  We didn't
randomly upgrade our production systems.  We tested F9 and determined
that KDE 4.x is not ready for prime time.

On Fri June 20 2008 15:32:54 David Boles wrote:
> As for switching distros? You don't really believe that the other distros
> won't go to KDE 4.x.x too do you?  ;-)

The other distros are supporting both KDE 3.5 and KDE 4.x for one to
three years.  This allows people to migrate once KDE 4.x meets their
needs.  FWIW it looks like we'll probably standardize on Debian Lenny,
although Kubuntu Hardy is still a possibility.

--Mike Bird