Re: Web page problem

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings;

I have setup a softlink from /var/www/html/gene/linkname
That points to another directory here, owned by a different user.  All that has
been chown'ed to apache:apache as I just noted some of it was owned by root.

I can goto that page with FF3 and display the contents as a file listing just
fine.

I cannot actually view, from a web browser, any of the text files there
displayed, or start a download of any of the compressed files that may be
there.

Just for grins I fired up FF-2.0.0.14, and it works fine.  Is there some option
I need to enable in FF3?

as long as it works fine on FF2 it is not something related to permissions,
what is the error you get from FF3 when starting it from terminal and trying to download the compressed files? or what did FF3 say? connection failed ? or what?