Re: ssh_exchange_identification

Łukasz Jagiełło wrote:
2008/6/20 Rahul Tidke <rahul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
My ssh is not working today; every time I try to login to our web server I
get following error message. I tried to login using both remote server host
name and IP address, I observed that IP address of our web server has been
changed so I removed all the previous entries for the web server in my
/root/.ssh/known_hosts file and tried once again, but still getting the same
error message. What could be the possible reason behind this error message?
Is it my configuration or remote web server configuration that is causing
the problem?

ssh_exchange_identification : Connection closed by remote host

What is the meaning of this error, I could not find this on SSH mailing list
and documentation. Could not get satisfactory answer form Google search
also.

Your IP isn't at allow list (/etc/hosts.allow) for SSHD.

SSH verbose mode gives me following messages:

debug1: Connection established.
debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type 2
debug1: loaded 3 keys

Shall I take it for granted that I am not on the allow (/etc/hosts.allow) list.

Regards,
Rahul.