Re: SSL VPN

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
John Priddy schrieb:
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/11/27/advanced-ssh-configuration-and-tunneling-we-dont-need-no-stinking-vpn-software/

If you want more than single defined TCP port tunnels, then see

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/ppp-ssh/index.html

Alexander

FWIW, ppp over ssh works fairly well.  We use it as our VPN of choice as it's free and allows us to "extend" our network by having an actual ip address in our work network on our home pc's.  The only downside to it is that you have two different TCP sockets going at once and so it can be a little slower due to all of the handshaking going on.

Kevin