Re: Fedora 9 installation

I presume you are able to run your FC9 install on command mode. Nvidia has been a problem, I should know, I have been using RH or FC with Nvidia since 5 years now. If your FC9 is ok in command mode or Run Level 3 (init 3) mode then, you can try either building the Nvidia module from the package provided by Nvidia (www.nvidia.com/downloads) or download the rpms from either rpm.livna.org or atrpms.net. I find the Nvidia package much easier. To be able to run Nvidia package from Nvidia site you would require the kernel-devel rpm to be installed in your system for the kernel you are using on your FC9. By the way there seems to be no kernel-devel for the kernel bundled with the DVD, therefore, you may first need to do a yum update for your system and then do the  following:
1. download the Nvidia package from Nvidia site (www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html), the package begining 173.14.09 (32-bit) and 177.13 (64-bit) should work.
2. yum install kernel-devel (this would install kernel-devel rpm)
3. Log as root in run level 3 or command mode.
4. chmod +x <nividia package>
5. sh <nvidia package>
this should install nividia drivers and modify xorg file for nvidia graphics.
For the second method: download and install a) kmod-nvidia-173 or kmod-nvidia-177 and b) kmod-nvidia - <kernel version>. You can also do a yum install also with livna repository data.
Sivaraman.