Re: I want to ask something

> > Dear all,
>  > I am new in linux. Can anyone help? I have installed FC5 in the linux but as
>  > it is very old, can anyone let me know how could I install the FC8 or FC9
>  > directly from the net.
Yes you can install over a network. You download the boot.iso from one
of the mirrors, burn it to cd, and then install.

Before you install though make sure that you have the link to the
files for installation. On F9 all you need is the link and for
previous versions you need to type in the host and the folder.

So after the cd boots on F9 you would want to paste this, as the place
you are installing from:
http://fedora.c3sl.ufpr.br/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/os/
And on previous versions you would want to paste this in the host and
folder section:
Host:-http://fedora.c3sl.ufpr.br
Folder-/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/os/

It is good to print out several host locations in case one does not work.