Re: how to disable global auto replay for certain sender adresses

max schrieb:
Götz Reinicke wrote:
Hi,

we do have a fax/voicebox system, which forwards the messages/audiorecords as an attachement to users e-mail-address.

The sender-address is  voice/PhoneNumber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PhoneNumber is the callers/fax-senders number.

Now, I do have the problem of auto replays to such messages e.g. if users are out of office or quota exceeded, as the sender-adresses are no real existing addresses, so the mailserver ping-pongs e-mails and warnings about unknown users and quotas.

Stab in the dark....

Why not use just one real account to handle the forwarding of messages, you have worked out already how to get the attachment to the end user, so the sorting portion is in place. Also you need to figure out how to erase the messsage once forwarded so you don't get quota alerts though depending on what system you are using this may not be so simple. Hope that helps.

Hi, I had some other things to manage before I could reply.

May be my question and description was a little bit imprecise; any users hast his own fax/voicebox account on the fax/voicebox server and an e-mail account on an e-mail server.

The quota which may exceed ist the quota on the e-mail server which generates the replay/quota-warning and send's it to an address voice/PhoneNumber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx But this is an address which is "fake".

Any idea is welcome!

Best regards

Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Christoph Palmer, MdL, Minister a.D.

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt