Re: f9 2.6.25 kernel driver module capability question

Ric Moore wrote:
On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 21:10 -0700, Skunk Worx wrote:
Hi,

We use fedora at work and are trying to port our driver from F7 to F9.

I am acting as gopher for our system architect so please be liberal with any commentary. I won't be able to post his feedback to any comments/questions (as necc.) until Tuesday evening.

I believe he wants our applications (running as non-root user) to be able to open his driver, and the driver to be able to run at real-time priority. We did this in F7 without any apparent issues.

Any help, comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

What is the driver for? Ric

Our cards. The cards do high data rate acquisition. They use a PCI-X interface, altera PLDs and a fiber interconnect to pass low latency data between a front end acquisition system and a small cluster (ring) of Fedora boxes for follow-on analysis.

---
John