Re: Recent updates caused Grub installation to be damaged?

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:52:31 +0800
Tony Frame <jaframe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had the same problem on 2 out of 3 F9 machines recently updated. Fixed
> it by booting from Live CD / USB and running grub and doing the
> following :
>
> >root (hd0,0)
> >setup (hd0)
> >quit
>
> then re-booting (guess you should check hd0 is your boot device first).
>
> It's also the first time I've had this problem since starting with RH7.

Sounds like someone needs to bugzilla it then, this really shouldn't
happen. Had I been on the road without an F9 DVD to hand it would have
been a lot more difficult to fix.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."