Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Sunday 15 June 2008 05:30:00 Ric Moore wrote:

> Installing CentOS tomorrow. I've got almost 1,500 members and
> participating organizations in KDE's PIM Kaddressbook for our
> Non-Profit. Can't do without it. I understand that it isn't in KDE4 as
> of yet. No support for KDE3 so I gotta dance with who brung me.

I don't know who told you that, Ric, but it's just plain wrong.  The new pim
is not ready yet, but the whole of kontact from v.3 works perfectly in KDE4.
I use it, including calendar and addressbook.

> My own two cents is that it might have been better if KDE3 been left in
> by default and introduce KDE4 into testing. That approach could've kept
> people, like myself, putting up with all the other blowups. Fedora, You
> all have just gone past the point of audience participation for me. This
> is a damn sad day, but it's been one heckuva ride.

Two points there.  First, by its very nature Fedora must have the latest.
Second, how are the bugs going to be found if the desktop is not introduced
to people?

Fedora made the only possible decision.  We should always remember that Fedora
does not set out to be the stable desktop required in most production
situations.  You use it at your peril,  The fact that it actually works in
most situations is a bonus.

Anne