Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 00:18 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> All the risks were very clear before the release. Everyone is
> responsible to make an informed decision before upgrading, regardless
> of the operating system

While there's a choice, now, for whether to upgrade to 9.  In several
months time, it won't be the same choice.  It'll be stay on an
unsupported OS, change OS, or upgrade to 9 and put up with KDE (if it's
not fixed up by then).

KDE seems to be another thing in a line of really-really-not-ready-yet
things put into mainstream (e.g. network manager, pulseaudio) rather
than staying in testing for longer.

Way back on 7, alsa had got to the point where several different
programs could, and did, all make sounds simultaneously (e.g. pidgin
could make noises while an ogg was playing in something else).  Then the
baby gets thrown out with the bathwater for a pulseaudio which promises
to do the same, but doesn't.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686