Re: Totem And Fedora 9

Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
Hello,
     I recently reinstalled Fedora 9 on a Dell Dimension Desktop.  I
noticed that when I was using a video DVD with Totem, the sound playback
was in a foreign language (French) instead of the default language (US
English).  I made no changes in the default language.  Is there a reason
for this?  I also used other video DVD's and I am having the same
problem. Has anyone else had this problem?  Any help would be
appreciated.
If I'm not mistaken, and I may well be, video DVDs choose their language with their own internal menu. That is, when the menu for the DVD comes up you can generally select the language for the sound track if it is in multiple languages. Could it be that these DVDs actually have a French sound track?

Translating spoken words from English to French is not, as far as I know, a "feature" of FC9 although I admit that it would be really cool, especially if it retained the "voice" of the speaker.

John Cornelius