Re: server hanged per hour

Rilawich Ango wrote:
The hourly reboot is abnormal.  I have no rebooting job in
/etc/cron.hourly.  The reboot seems caused by something (hardward,
kernel) that I don't know.  The server runs for several months without
problem.  Hourly reboot is found this week but it keeps rebooting.  We
have hard reset the server but reboot still alive.
Below is the complete log message when it rebooted.  You can see
09:36:07 the server rebooted itself.  Next reboot will be 10:3x.
Anyone can help to find out what problem it is?

Fedora 8
kernel: 2.6.23.1-49.fc8
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20GHz

By any chance does this only happen during the warm months? How stable is the temperature and the power? And what do you have in cron.hourly? It's unlikely that you are running so close to thermal trouble that a single CPU-bound job would cause reboot, but anything is possible.

Can you get some CPU temp readings from 'sensors' every minute or so and see if the information suggests anything?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>