Re: I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?

I've been using kmail for several years. Tried evo and hated it - of course that was years ago, so it may be quite different now. Tried Thunderbird, but there were too many things in kmail that I couldn't do in t'bird, so here I stay :-)

I also used to use kmail a lot but eventually gave up on it due to its imap support not being that good (IMHO). Does it still force the user to choose when setting up an imap account between 'imap' and 'disconnected imap' ? Either you choose 'imap' where messages are only downloaded as they are needed, but you have no offline support, or 'disconnected imap', where they are available offlne, but kmail insists you download them *all*, not just as and when you read them. This always seemed an insane choice to me

I now use thunderbird which has the best of both, offline support and download on demand...

I hope kmail's imap support gets some attention in KDE4, if it does then I might go back ...

Chris