Re: hard drive install FC6 failed

1.I put DVD iso file in my window partision like E:/fc6/fc6xxx.iso
2.I get vmlinuz & initrd.img from isolinux directory (inside of fc6xxx.iso),put them in E:/fc6
3.in grub command line
grub> kernel (hd0,5)/fc6/vmlinuz
grub> initrd (hd0,5)/fc6/initrd.img
grub> boot
4.enter install step ,choose method "Hard drive",then "No driver found".

2008/6/12 Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> What methods are available to you to boot your computer up to start an
> install?
>
> For me, I burnt the net install, booted from that, and used it to
> install using the DVD ISO file on a hard drive.  I'd expect that if I
> could boot the netinst disc, that I could have extracted files from it
> and directly booted them using GRUB, too.  But I've not tried that
> approach.

these two result only different after method choose,same in grub configure and bios parameter set
so I think why FC6 can't find my iso file,cause bios has made SATA work as IDE hard disk.
while RH9.0 can do it & grub can do it .
> Since you've had successful and unsuccessful installs, you might want to
> post the configuration options that you've used.
>
> --
> [tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.25.4-30.fc9.i686
>
> Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.  I
> read messages from the public lists.
>

> --

----RyanYee
How many roads must a man walk down before
you can call him a Man?How many years can
some people exist before They're allowed to
be free?the answer is Blowing in the wind...