Re: I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?

Title: Re: I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?
On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 16:34 -0700, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 14:12 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>>[...]
>> still...for exchange server and evolution, I would recommend that you
>> set up the Exchange connector instead of IMAP.
>
> Yes, as bad as the Exchange connector is, my recent experience without
> it convinced me that IMAP is ever so much worse.

What's wrong with IMAP?

Dang!  I read this message and found out that I missed 2 email messages
since my posting except this one!  I discovered that somehow I am not getting
these messages through to my email server - delayed?  I checked my logs and
saw that Craig's message was never logged, but I got Anne's message logged but
the message disappeared, Then Arthur's message asking about Kmail version
I was referring to (which is 3.5.9), and this was never logged, nor received, followed
with Matthew, again no logged nor received and finally I got Arthur which was logged
and received.

And Finally, I checked my setup and it appears that I am actually using the Exchange
connector (or so I think) because instead of selecting IMAP, I chosed Exchange.

I wonder if there is some "switching" going on between my 2 email servers as directed
by my new split-DNS setup or that my main email server simply dropped the connection
for which there is no log - I'll have to dig through the Exchange logs to be certain.

Sigh, I have some work cut out for me.

Dan