Re: NetworkManager: how to select wireless interface

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:49:32 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
	[....]
> I agree that the documentation is more or less non-existent, and what
> little there is verges on parody, eg the man entry which tells you NM
> "Just Works".
	[...]
> I think the OP's complaint is somewhat bizarre. Basically, he/she is
> saying NM works too well.

	I beg to differ. My newest laptop detects three wireless
addresses to connect to as soon as it's booted, and goes on detecting
them; fortunately, one is mine and the other two are (at least nominally)
secured. This is in a neighborhood with only single-family houses (in a
town that has a big engineering school). In an apartment building, it
would probably be a lot more.

	Either I've completely misunderstood (as is of course quite
possible) -- or it's easy to  imagine circumstances where you might care
intensely which connection you used.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.