Re: Backup Options

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
All,

I use Fedora on my laptop which is primarily for business purposes. So, i like to get the data backup from laptop to home desktop machine (over ssh) and trying to find an easy and reliable backup tool. I have tried pybackpack with rdiff-backup combination but i found it not very reliable with at least ssh option.

Any recommendations?

You may want to think about rsync - it is easy to configure to use ssh to sync files.

If you are keeping a complete copy of the laptop or selected subdirectories, I agree, this is a reliable solution, which you can run on demand or just prior to shutdown.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>