Re: Firefox 3 beta on Fedora 9 uses lots of IO after start

Mike Burger wrote:
I'm running Fedora 9 with the Firefox 3 beta.  After start, Firefox
reads and writes heavily to the disk (99.99% in iotop) for almost a
minute.  Is this known behavior and acceptable or a bug?

Keeping in mind that Firefox is now out at 3.0 RC2 (though I can't find an
RPM for it, nor a spec file to allow me to use rpmbuild against the
downloadable tarball), it may already be fixed.

You're right. I'll wait for the next go around before reporting. If it is still there.