Re: kjournald locks up the system periodically in Fedora 9

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
2008/6/9 stan <goedigi89__e@xxxxxxx>:
Hi,

Running up to date Fedora 9.  Every so often, kjournald locks up the system
due to heavy IO.  When it is done, system response returns to normal.  Is
this normal?  Or should I report it as a bug?

I see the same issue, but hadn't nailed it down to kjournald being the
culprit - what makles you think it is kjournald? Interesting I only
see it on one of 3 F-9 installs, and that one differs from the other
two in having encrypted  volumes, so I was thinking it might be due to
that, but need to dig further.

I open a terminal, and run iotop. When this lockup (really extremely slow response) happens, I see the light on the drive is lit constantly, and iotop shows kjournald using a lot of IO. Beagle will also run the light constantly, but it uses only about 8 or 10% of IO.