Re: Switching virtual terminals

On Sunday 08 June 2008, Jim Dever wrote:
>Ric Moore wrote:

>>> FWIW my ~6-year-old Packard Bell laptop has the same problem.  The only
>>> wayout I can find is to shut down.
>>
>> You can't ctrl-alt F7 to get back to X?? Ric
>
>I can't either.  Alt-Fx and ctrl-alt-Fx do nothing.

Jim, do you perchance have an *&%%^#&_)* F-Keys disable button on that keyboard?

On this one, a wireless Logitec, its above the 'END' key with F-Mode molded into
the keycap in blue.  Them things are a tool of the devil, making one lose what
little belief he may have had when he sat down at the keyboard.  Some sort of a
no-name white keyboard I use on my milling machine has it sorta off the left of
the ESC key, small button just labeled "F".  And the *&^(8^Z thing defaults to
OFF.  Guess what it takes to run the machine?  Yup, you got it...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)