Re: make thunderbird NOT show html

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 13:20 -0400, David Boles wrote:
> Roger Heflin wrote:
> > David Boles wrote:
> >
> > Hotmail I would probably agree with, but both gmail and yahoo provide
> > higher end paid for service if you want it, and both yahoo and gmail are
> > sub-contractors for a number of ISP's mail systems.
> >
> > I am on gmail because my ISP's email had enough issues that I kept
> > getting unsubscribed from various lists (I assume because of funny
> > bounces).
> >
> > My ISP has now fixed that issue by making some sort of deal with gmail
> > for gmail to provide their mail service .... but I might as well use
> > gmail directly since that email address will stay around for a lot
> > longer than the one through the ISP's gmail connection.
>

> My story is basically the same as your's Roger. I use gmail POP, with
> Thunderbird, because my ISP provides poor service and their SPAM filters are
> crap. I can filter the SPAM here of course, and do filter what gets through,
> but it annoys me to download it in the first place.
>
> It is using Gmail online that causes the rich text. Gmail defaults to that and
> it is *not* obvious to the writer nor is it clear just how/if it is disabled.
> For some anyway.
>
> As for Ric? Don't mess with him too much. He's crazy.  ;-)

Huh? Who told?? <grins insanely>

Besides being crazy, I get iRaTe at times with poor ISP service,
misquoted fees and various sundry issues that may cause me to switch. No
matter to me, as I have pop service from Gmail and my email address has
yet to change. AND RedHat used Google in-house, from the day of Google's
inception. We were urged to use their search services back in 1999-2000.
This was back when Matthew was just coming on board, IPO, etc.

So, Google has a very long close relationship with RedHat. If guilt
through association has context here, so does Fedora. Without going
crazy here, I fail to see just how maintaining a relationship with
Gmail, which has never failed me, equates to "hiding". I use what works
for me and it's never cost me one dime. :| Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339