Re: how to not lock the screen

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
What is an sel level?

SELinux

hennebry as usual.
yes, no, no.

was if you had any type of 'file recovery' running'.

[hennebry@localhost ~]$ find . -newer tstamp.fn -print -exec ls -ld \; > hold.list
[hennebry@localhost ~]$ cat hold.list

> drwx------ 55 hennebry hennebry 4096 2008-06-07 09:31 .
> ./.kde/share/config/kdesktoprc

strange way 'kdesktoprc' is shown, being i have it as a file, not a directory.

anyway, my 'kdesktoprc', sleep enabled and lock disabled shows;

  [ScreenSaver]
  Lock=false
  Saver=KSlideshow.desktop
  Timeout=480

w/ lock enabled;

  [ScreenSaver]
  Saver=KSlideshow.desktop
  Timeout=480

where 'lock=' went, do not know. may be else where with 'display power off'.
not sure of where it would be tied in, and need 'find /'. being that it is thru
'control center', setup file could be among /etc or /usr.

I think something else is demanding a password.

maybe. 'ps -el|less' to see what else is running.

Whatever it is is taking more than 5 minutes to blank the screen.
The screensaver is set for an animation.

nft.

if no one comes up with solution, you could always 'mv .kde .kde.bad'
and run 'startx' again.

yes, i know, re-config kde. but what the heck, it might cure things.
at least you will still have desktop icons. scattered, but there.  :o)

there is always loading source and reading a bunch c files.  :o(

loads of luck and perseverance.

--

tc,hago.

.

in a free world with out fences, who needs gates...