RE: openoffice command line printing...

Ok, so it was actually "openoffice converting files to pdf..." but what the heck.

And I've got it working. Finally found a macro that would do most of the work and I tweaked it to be "smart" about the conversion process. So now it works. If anybody wants the macro, I'll send them the macro file. Basically what I do is 'soffice -invisible "macro:///......FileToPDF(/<pathtofile>)"' and, based on the extension of the file (.doc, .xls, .ppt) the macro calls the necessary oo function to do the conversion and save the pdf file back to the same directory as the original file. FWIW, there was no need to setup a dummy X server since I'm running an X server anyway.

Thanks.

Kevin