Re: Logwatch report on another machine?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
How can I get the logwatch report on one machine (helen.gayleard.com)
sent to another machine (alfred.gayleard.com) on the same LAN?

I tried editing /etc/aliases on the first machine,
changing the last line to
        root:           tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and running newaliases) but this did not do the trick.

I also tried adding MAILER(local) in sendmail.mc on helen
(and restarting sendmail), but this appeared to have no effect.
I'm not sure what MAILER(local) means?

It seems to be more difficult than I thought
to send email from one machine on a LAN to another.
Is there some line I could add to sendmail.mc which would enable this?

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

echo "alfred.gayleard.com esmtp:[192.168.2.1]" >> /etc/mail/mailertable
/etc/init.d/sendmail restart