Re: f9 vino problem

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Nicolae Ghimbovschi <xfreebird@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/6/4 David L <idht4n@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm unable to get a vncviewer to connect to my f9 gnome desktop
> using vncviewer after enabling remote viewing with vino-preferences.
> I think I'm doing the same thing that worked in f8, but now on the
> client side I get a "unable to connect to host: no route to host"
> error.  Any ideas?

1) Check the network connectivity to the remote host
checked... have connectivity

2) Check that in the firewall rules port TCP 5900 is added
firewall is disabled

3) Check again the vino preferences
vino preferences double checked.  They are:
Allow other users to connect to your desktop: true
Allow other users to control your desktop: true
Ask for your confirmation: false
Require the user to enter this password: false
Only allow local connections: false
Use an alternative port: false
Require encryption: false
Lock screen on disconnect: false
Only display an icon when someone is connected: true

4) vncviewer remote_host_ip:0

   are you trying to connect in this way ?
yes

5) If none above worked, it might be a SELinux issue
SELinux is permissive.

Thanks,

           David