Re: Dual monitors in F9 ?

Steve wrote:
Would you mind posting your xorg.conf file? Did you write it yourself or delete it and let X write it or use system-config-display?

I am just using the nv driver and the same configuration that worked fine in F7 before I upgraded to F9 but that didn't work at all; X wouldn't start. Then I tried system-config-display and I the first monitor working the second is a flashing orange screen with random colored blocks.

Steve
I've got a Quadro FX700 and two Samsung SyncMaster 213T's plugged in, one on the DVI connector and one on VGA which goes through a KVM so I can access other computers at my desk. I can't be 100% sure but close that this xorg.conf was generated by running "nvidia-xconfig --twinview". I didn't change anything by hand.

# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
       Identifier     "Default Layout"
       Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
       InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
       ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
       Option      "AIGLX" "on"
       Option      "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

   # generated from default
       Identifier  "Mouse0"
       Driver      "mouse"
       Option      "Protocol" "auto"
       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
       Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Keyboard0"
       Driver      "kbd"
       Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
       Option      "XkbLayout" "us+inet"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
       Identifier   "Monitor0"
       VendorName   "Unknown"
       ModelName    "Samsung SyncMaster"
       HorizSync    30.0 - 81.0
       VertRefresh  56.0 - 75.0
       Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Videocard0"
       Driver      "nvidia"
       VendorName  "NVIDIA Corporation"
       BoardName   "Quadro FX 700"
EndSection

Section "Screen"

# Removed Option "TwinView" "True"
# Removed Option "MetaModes" "nvidia-auto-select, nvidia-auto-select"
       Identifier "Screen0"
       Device     "Videocard0"
       Monitor    "Monitor0"
       DefaultDepth     24
       Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
       Option      "TwinView" "1"
       Option      "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "CRT-0"
Option "metamodes" "CRT: nvidia-auto-select +1600+0, DFP: nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
       SubSection "Display"
               Depth     24
       EndSubSection
EndSection