Re: iptables help needed

2008/6/3 Simon Slater <pyevet@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>        I have run the script but the results may be a little unexpected.
> Following are messages from the script.  None are as a result of
> requesting web pages from the laptop, which still has the message that
> the proxy server is refusing requests and wireshark shows the same
> patterns.  These logged packets are when Evolution is fetching the
> email.

Sounds like the reset is originating from outside your network, or
there's a problem with the address ... is the IP address of the laptop
definitely routable, or being NAT'd? You might just find that you're
trying to route packets out onto the internet from addresses with the
other end of your link doesn't accept packets for coming the other
way, and is thus rejecting the packets. Or, the reset might be a
side-effect of your provider running a "no servers" policy, ...