Re: no more ddcprobe? where is /etc/sysconfig/hwconf? is kudzu gone?

Aaron Konstam wrote:
edik077@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Can anyone tell me what tool have replaced ddcprobe? Also where I
could look for my hardware I used to look in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf,
now I can't find it?
Does kudzu still being used on FC9? I have it on my CentOS boxes but
not on my FC9's? Thanks
Kudzu is not used in Fedora 9. HAL has superseded it.

Rahul

Which only answers half the questions. What does one use in place of
ddcprobe?

Ideally nowhere. It should just work but if you need Xorg configuration overrides, xorg.conf would do it system-wide.

Is the implication that lshal is how one gets the identity of
the hardware in F9?

It can be used for that, yes.

Rahul