F9 system freeze - how to file a good bug report

Hi all,
  I am experiencing system freezes at boot time or when fiddling with
wireless network configuration. I have LinkSys WMP54G wireless network card
based on the infamous RaLink chip, which I think is the source of my
problems. However, the F9 release notes claim that it should work.

  I used the same system in F8 and every other kernel upgrade cause the
system to hang at boot time. Eventually I upgraded to F9 hoping the it will
improve the situation.

  When using default boot sequence in F9 my system hangs when starting
haldaemon. And anyway it did not bring the network interface up at boot, so
I had to change the boot sequence. I disabled NetworkManager and I
start "network" service after "wpa_supplicant". Because wpa_supplicant
needs a few moments to negotiate the encryption keys, I moved the "network"
service even further, after haldaemon. Now the network is brought up at
boot, but occasionally wpa_supplicant does not negotiate the encryption
key. If I try to restart wpa_supplicant the system freezes. Every time. And
it freezes so badly that SysRqKey does not work.

  I need help on creating a good bug report. The problem is that with the
default configuration my system freezes at boot or goes up without the
network. When I modify the startup sequence it eihter work ok, or I have to
reboot several time in order to get the wpa_supplicant to work in the first
place.

  First important question is: which component is responsible? kernel?
wpa_supplicant? hald?

  Or maybe I'm using something wrong and I should use the NetworkManager
instead?

Thanks for your help,
--
Krzysztof