evince or hardware problem?

I have been use evince to look at some larger pdf files (AD&D 4th Ed) and
am getting errors that are inconsistant. Normally I would think hardware
problem, but I am not seeing it when doing other compute intensive things
(e.g. Wesnoth builds from source). I did a quick memory test and nothing
showed up.
I did notice that evince saves state, so varying state might account for
different errors when starting it up.
Some sample output written to the shell:
bash-3.2$ evince MonsterManual4ed.pdf
Error (88144087): Unexpected end of file in flate stream
Error (87476799): Bad block header in flate stream
bash-3.2$ !!
evince MonsterManual4ed.pdf
Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment
bash-3.2$ !!
evince MonsterManual4ed.pdf
Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment

Does this seem to be something that could be caused by an evince bug, or should
I be looking more closely at my hardware?