yum-updatesd isn't telling me of updates

I have a clean install of F9, and I installed yum-updatesd.

I changed the yum-updatesd config file to send me notification via
e-mail, but I never get a notification, and restarted the service
(service yum-updatesd restart)

I've checked that updates are available via yum check-update, and
waited well over an hour (i.e over night) and still, no e-mail
notification.

I don't see any errors reported in any log files... /var/log/... what
should I be looking at.

My smtp server is configured properly to send mail, as I have other
processes that send mail fine.

Any suggestions as to why yum-updatesd isn't telling me of applicable updates?

Thanks,

BTW, it worked great on my F8 system, but that whole system was wiped
out when I upg F8 -> F9

Cheers,
Don